Cars are the vehicles that have revolutionized the mode of transportation in the world. Gone are the days when one had only a few options when it came to selecting a car. In recent times, cars are crafted keeping in mind the various needs of the individual. While some want comfort while traveling, others look for speedy vehicles. Even though accessories can be added to cars to increase their power and speed, the car manufacturing firms are also experimenting with designing new shapes in cars. These new shapes are designed to manipulate air pressure and add speed to the cars.
The automobile industry has introduced contemporary methodologies to their manufacturing process and has managed to develop designs and technologies that enables vehicles to exceed the speed of sound. Those who prefer fast cars will like to know about some of the models considered as the fastest cars for the year 2011.
1. The Bloodhound SSC - Supersonic car
• The speed of this car reaches 1,000 miles per hour.
• Technology similar to Euro-fighter jets is used to keep the car stable at high speeds.
• The Bloodhound SSC is powered by an 800 bhp race engine, jets and a hybrid Falcon rocket.
2. The Thrust SSC - Supersonic car
• It holds the world land speed record at an incredible supersonic 766 mph.
• This car was the first car to exceed the speed of sound on land.
• The auto weighs ten tons and can accelerate, from a standstill position, up to a speed of 100 mph.
• It has been developed by the same company which made the Bloodhound SSC.
3. Formula 1 Cars
• It has been developed for racing around difficult, intricate and demanding tracks.
• The speed of these cars can exceed 220 mph.
• The engines of these cars produces power measuring up to 950 bhp.
• Formula 1 cars are extremely light, an attribute that adds to their acceleration.
• These cars generate an extreme amount of down force to keep them glued to the ground.
• Formula 1 autos are considered to be the fastest options when it comes to racing cars.
4. Bugatti Veyron
• This auto weighs approximately two tons.
• It has the ability to reach 60 mph from a standstill position in about 2.5 seconds.
• The engine power can be counted up to 1200 bhp.
5. SSC Ultimate Aero
• SSC in this case stands for "Shelby Super Cars" and not Supersonic Cars.
• This auto is expensive, luxurious and fast.
• The speed can be measured up to 256 mph.
• The power produced by the car engine counts up to 1200 bhp.